Monday 14 March 2011

Global Service Jam is over, what now?

After 3dee wrote such an insightful post-jam reflection, I have no idea what to write anymore. Guess I'll just post some random thoughts here and hope that somebody will care to read this.

I've never participated in a such a competition like Global Service Jam before. It was a memorable and exciting experience for me (I would not say once in a life time, because I'll definitely be participating in more events like this!). Although Singapore probably has the least number of jammers in the whole world (Singapore is a small country after all), we managed to prove ourselves to the rest of the world that "we can do it" in those crazy 48 hours! We had the COOLEST logo and the BEST project page (or at least I thought so)!! We were so proud of ourselves when GSJ headquarter tweeted about our logo and project page during jam!! THANK YOU ADAM AND MARKUS!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!


For me, the ideas-throwing process was the most enjoyable and most exciting one. I felt relieved when there was finally an opportunity for me to share my little crazy ideas with someone else besides myself! My biggest dream is to see one of my ideas turn to reality and been used by everyone around the world!! I think Global Service Jam is a perfect way to realize this dream!! Although the projects we jammers make still have a long way to go before they can become real services used by people, at least the ideas are out there shared by so many people around the world. I think this is the first step to developing new, cool services and products!!

Ok, I think I've rambled enough. I still haven't got time to look at the projects by other jammers yet. My studies and projects are piling on me. AAAARRRHHHH!!!! But I guess after all groups have submitted their projects and dropboxes, Adam and Marcus are having a hard time surviving too!! Well, good luck to them! We really appreciate their time and effort in putting everything together for this awesome event!!! (Why am I still using the royal "we"? I guess I'm too used to it after tweeting as @GSJ11SIN!)

Lastly, I really want to thank Prof Adrian for bringing this event to Singapore and involving me in this competition!!! You're awesome!! Please organize more events like this!! Next time it'd be great if your "physical form" is present instead of just your "spirit". Sounds kinda creepy... Ok, I shall stop talking now!

...Maybe just one last sentence. TO EVERY JAMMER AND ORGANIZER AROUND THE WORLD, XOXOXOXOXO!!!

1 comment:

  1. THANKS EMMA AND THE SINGAPORE CREW!

    You are AWESOME too!

    Adam & Markus

    ReplyDelete